Here are some pregnancy pictures taken days about a week before.
Chase Eric decided he was ready to enter this world on Monday Jan 11, 2010, at 11:49 PM 6 lbs 10 oz, 19 in long after being threaten to be forced here!
The story is..
Sunday Jan 10th was my due date so I went to the doctor on Monday morning and I was only dilated to a 2 and about 80% thinned (which hadn't changed from the week before) and so the doctor stripped my membranes and scheduled me to be induced Tuesday morning at 7:30am. It seemed like a little soon for me just because I knew for sure I was going to have a new baby the next day, but at the same time it was nice to know the wait would finally be over!
I decided since I was going to have a baby the next day I would do some shopping and get some last minute things ready, Aunt Dana come and sat with Blake while he napped and I went to the store and did some major stocking up! When I got home I got a call from Joe and Eric saying they were driving home from Phoenix and they wanted to stop and eat dinner with us. They got here and we went to dinner at Pei Wei around 6:00, we finished and they headed for home.
I decided that I really wanted no bake cookies so I started making them around 8:00 and I started to notice some contractions but they didn't hurt too bad but were uncomfortable, I went up stairs and took a bath and they started to hurt a lot worse and were closer together so Riley started to track them, I was having them every 3-4 minutes and they lasted about a minute each. They were getting worse and worse over the next hour, so we decided it was probably time to go to the hospital, by the time Riley had woken up Blake and had everything ready to go I was in too much pain to take Blake all the way to his mom's so we called our friend Lacey (thanks again) and took him over there. I was on the phone with my friend Amber and earlier in the day she had watched Blake and mentioned she had taken a Dula class, I was in so much pain I told her to meet us at the hospital!
We got to the hospital at 10:00 and I had to stop twice just walking inside I was in so much pain with every contraction.. the second time we stopped some people saw us and got a wheel chair for me... we were close to labor and delivery so they the nurses could see how much pain I was in, they wheeled me into the first room and got me on the bed to check me and I was at a 5, I was in so much pain I thought I was going to die ( I could never do this naturally, THANK goodness the anesthesiologist was already at the hospital or I might have had to!)
I got my epidural at 11:00 and the nurse checked me again and I was at a 9, they broke my water and called the doctor and said that I would have this baby before midnight! Once I got the epidural life was just great.. I opened my eyes and finally met the people taking care of me, Riley was way more relaxed and it was just awesome how ALL the pain went away!!
The doctor came in and got ready and with one push he came out!
He shares a birthday with my good friend Jackie and my friends little girl Lydia!!
Me showing what number kid I'm having!
Chase had a bowel movement right before he was born so they had to take him and suction him to make sure he didn't get anything in his lungs
He looks a lot like Blake!
Weighing in at 6 lbs 10 oz
My first time holding him and seeing him!
Daddy's first time holding Chase!
Amber holding Chase
(thanks again for coming at the last minute!)
So peaceful
Grandma Bevell meeting Chase.
The hospital wouldn't allow people under the age of 17 to come into the room, not even siblings so Blake wasn't allowed to come. Also a lot of friends and family waited until we went home to come see us for that reason!
Other people who came to visit I forgot to take pictures of... Aunt Kelli, Dave and Lindsay Robbins, Aunt Rachel, Robin and Lacy, Uncle Kevin, my friend Jenny
His first messy diaper (we had to take a pic of this..as we took one with Blake)
Getting ready to go home, because Blake couldn't come to the hospital we really wanted to leave the hospital as soon as possible! Babies are supposed to stay for minimum 24 hrs but I talked our pediatrician into letting us go home before that mark with the promise to make an apt to see him in his office the next day. So we got released at 10:00 Tuesday night, by the time we left it was 11:30 but we didn't care we were going home!
(Laura the nurse that took care of Chase right after he was born was the same nurse that did everything for us before we went home, she knows Riley's brother Ren and his family really well so it was fun to have her)
First night home.. sleeping in his bassinet!
he slept from midnight to 5 and then woke up ate and went back to sleep until 7:30.. not bad for the first night!

Blake meeting Chase for the first time... he came in our room and saw the bassinet in there climbed up to see what was inside!
He was so cute.. he kept just looking at him!
The first time he held Chase... such a great big brother already!
now it is all he wants to do!
Wednsday morning we took Chase to the doctors as promised... then we took him over to Riley's parents house so his dad could meet him! Look at all those handsom Bevell's!



























15 comments:
AAAAHHH...I can't wait until it's my turn to meet him!! All these babies, so far away...
Oh my goodness! Congrats! I want one ha ha And it is NOT fair how good you look in all these pictures!! No one ever looks that good right after a baby! So jealous :) Congrats again Diana! Let me know when I can come see that little bugger :) And please call me if I can do anything xoxo
Diana, congrats!! He is beautiful! You have one adorable little family!
He is so adorable. And you look amazing!!!
Best of luck to you all and Congrats
He is such a cute little guy!! You look amazing after having a baby.... but you always do! I need to come see him again!
Congrats! He looks so cute! Didn't anyone tell you that you are not allowed to look that adorable right after having a baby! :) lol!
He's sooo cute!!! Blake looks like he's loving him, you can just see how happy he is with that adorable smile!!! You guys make cute babies, congrats!!!
The post is so cute. I was so happy to share his birth with your family. It was so fun to see the cute little guy. And you were such a trooper. Hope all is well.
he is just so cute!! Congrats again, enjoy your little boys:)
He is such a cute little guy. Jared keeps asking to see baby Chase again! I am sure him and COnnnor will be little buddies before we know it!
Congratulations! He is adorable and it is so cute how Blake is all over him. They will love each other so much as they grow older... I am glad you are all doing good. Love you.
Yay!! Congratulations! You look amazing!
CONGRATS!! He is so cute and tiny! You look amazing right after giving birth, so jealous! ;)
Well I am glad that everyone is doing well. I can't believe how quick he came! He is adorable, hope things went well on your first day home by yourself. Take it easy, and don't try to do to much. WE love you guys
COngRATULATIONS!!! I'm so glad he's here and doing well. Sounds like you had a great delivery.
I kept meaning to ask Robin and Rachel if you had him, but we moved this weekend and I haven't even thought about it until now.
I'm glad you're doing well. I love his name.
Post a Comment