Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blake's first air plane ride!

This last weekend one of my good friends got married in Utah, I didn't really want to drive by myself up there so I decided to fly. It was Blake's first time (besides in my tummy) and my first time by myself with him! I was pretty nervous the whole week leading up to it, just worrying about all the different things that could happen. Its only a hour and a half flight which is better then 5 hours in the car, but really by the time you factor in being there 2 hours before to go through security and then boarding the flight and then getting all your stuff it was about 4 hours. which I guess still beats driving!












Blake waiting for the plane










This is my favorite!! He was being so cute!















We got on the plane and there was no on next to us so Blake thought it was cool to stand on the tray next to me and look over the seat!














He also watched the TV. When I tried to get him down he kept hitting my hands away and went back to what he was doing! all I could do was laugh :)

Blake was tired on the plane but there was just too much going on for him to sleep, he had a few moments but for the most part he was pretty good. We got of the plane and it was FREEZING!!!! The day we left Vegas was sunny and almost 70 and it was in the 40's !!

When we got to my sister's house, my nephew Garrett was scooting all over and just wanted so bad to be as fast as Blake and keep up with him. It was cute to watch them Blake would go get a toy and then Garrett would follow him and by the time Garrett got to Blake he was off to something else!

Blake taught Garrett a few new tricks... My sister opened her dishwasher and Blake loves to play in them so he climbed right up on it... and not too far behind was Garrett, we didn't think that he would be able to climb up there with him but little did we know he did :)












There was a toy that Garrett wanted and he was going to get it!!












Look we are such big boys :)

Friday morning my sister and I got up and went to my friend Ashely's sealing.. which was awesome.. they were so cute together!!











The cute couple coming out of the temple!

In between the wedding and the reception I went and saw my friend Magnum and his wife and little guy, who is super cute and getting big.











Little Mags...or as I call him MJ :)

That night we went to the reception and it was really pretty, I got to see people that I haven't seen in a long time, and a few who hadn't seen Blake since he was really little! It was really fun to catch up with old friends!

After the reception we were invited to go see my neighbor growing up Jenny sing some songs that she wrote at this night club in down town Provo, ok so it was not a real night club it was clean of smoking and alcohol and they let kids in and so I was able to bring Blake. I know your probably thinking how could I take Blake to something like a club... but Jenny's mom invited us and she happens to be the bishops wife :) I had fun telling Riley where we were :)












The place was called Velour










Tavo (Jenny's little brother),Jordan (my little sis), me, Blake and Monica (Jenny's sister)












Tavo, Blake and Jordan... Sorry the pic is so blurry











My mom and Jordan... I don't know if you can see Jordan's teeth in the pic, but a few weeks ago she took a hard fall on some ice and her her mouth, she knocked one of her front teeth out and chipped a few others. She was lucky they went straight to the dentist and he was able to put it back in with clear retainer as a splint, she will probably have to have it replaced but they are hoping enough bone will be able to grow they will have more to attach the permanent tooth too!! Poor thing!!













Jenny singing.. the reason we came











I had to get a pic with Jenny she is going to be famous one day!! She did amazing and is sooo beautiful!!!

Sat morning we got up and went to my niece's birthday party...I didn't take any pic because I was helping and taking care of little ones :) It was fun she had a little tea party with her girl friends. That night we went to dinner for my Grandpa's birthday, he is such a cute man :)













My grandpa and grandma with Garrett

Jordan just loved having Blake there... She wanted to do everything with him so he ate his bottle with her..

























They fell asleep together..












They are both hot bodies and so this is how I found them a few minutes later :)














They played all day Sunday!! Blake loved to though this ball around, cheap entertainment for hours :)

The news on Sunday night said there was a sever storm warning for all day Monday... so we decided that we would give our self enough time to get to the airport.
Monday morning we woke up at 5 am and this is what we found!






















We got to the airport and this is what we looked like before going through security..Blake strapped to me and me pushing the stroller! Thank goodness there were a lot of willing people to help cause I would have never made it!! :)















Our flight was supposed to fly out at 9:10 but it was delayed to 10:30, and then at 10:30 they told us that it was going to be delayed until 11. There were a lot of unhappy people because the plane was there and there were other planes taking off so it wasn't the weather, and the pilot and co pilot were there. They didn't have a flight crew so they couldn't leave until they got there!! So I had to find ways of entertaining Blake and he was really tired but again couldn't sleep cause there was too much going on!
We found a group of mom's trying to entertain their children too so we hung out with them! Blake had fun playing with other kids.
















He liked looking out the window and seeing the airplanes!


He finally fell asleep around noon, Yep we were still there :)
I had him in the baby Bjorn strapped to me and we were walking and I was rocking him trying to get him to sleep (I almost rocked myself to sleep too) and he was able to sleep for about a half hour before we boarded and then of course he woke up :) We finally were able to board around 12:30, it was a long day because we had been there since 7:00am. Blake did really well on the way home he wanted to get down and play but for the most part he just sat on my lap and flirted with who ever would look at him :)

Not sure if I am going to attempt to do this again by myself. Jet Blue did send me a $50 voucher for the whole delay which they did really well on letting us know what was going on the whole time. So I guess I will have to use it, just not alone :)

2 comments:

Rachel McEwen said...

planes with kids can be very interesting. i am definitely not a huge fan myself going alone with no help. i am glad you had fun though. blake is so cute!

Candice said...

Yay! You did it! I love that picture of Grandma and Grandpa! I haven't seen them in ages! This living across the country thing doesn't lend itself to seeing loved ones very much. I'm so glad to get to read your blog and keep up with you!