Sunday, November 2, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

This year I was so excited, Blake's first HALLOWEEN!! I have always loved this holiday and couldn't wait to share it with my kids!!
I took some pictures of Blake in his costume before and made some Halloween cards and sent pictures to some family and friends who couldn't enjoy Halloween with us! I just want to brag a little :) When I had them developed at Walmart the people at the pic counter asked if the pictures were professional and I needed a copy right for them! I told them "Nope here they all are on my personal camera, I did them all at home!" Man I must be good :) It made me feel good anyways!!

Ok so back to Halloween!! I went with my friend Jackie and her kids and our first stop was at the mall for Mall-o-ween. Plus we wanted to see Riley at work, it was fun for the bigger kids but Blake just hung out in his stroller. We got there early and by the time we left it was CRAZY! There were soo many people you could barley walk but it was fun! NEXT we headed to our wards Trunk-or-Treat, which started off with a chili cook off! The food was yummy and there were all kinds to choose from.

We then headed outside to decorate the trunk and get some candy! I brought my pumpkins the guys sat at the trunk while the ladies took the kids around! We had a lot of fun, but when Blake's bucket was getting full I started asking people if they needed my candy instead of them giving me candy, cause really who is going to be eating all if it?? ME!!

Aunt Serena came by at the end to give Blake his Halloween basket that she gets for all the grand kids, and probably 2 minutes before she got there Blake fell asleep and wouldn't wake up for her! Thanks Serena for thinking of us and for all the books!

We then headed to a friends neighborhood to do some door to door trick-or-treating. By this time Blake had his little power nap and was wide awake again! We didn't get any candy but we were with a big group of friends and let the older kids have fun while we hung out, there were more adults then kids!

We then went to Jackie's house with some other couples to play games, Blake was tired and went straight to sleep so we were able to enjoy the games!
What a great first Halloween for all of us!! :)













Blake's big smiles!!











Blake loves my fake pumpkins












My little Monkey!!












Isn't he cute!











My favorite













At the Mall, Blake already getting into his candy













I gave him M & M's to play with and before I knew it he had ripped open the bag and was eating them!!











After a long day of fun!!

6 comments:

Jenny B said...

What a cutie! Rhett has the same costume from last year. He still likes to run around in it.

ksdavis6 said...

He sure is a cutie! THanks for the cute card and for thinking of us. Sounds like you had a fun halloween and anniversary! Have a great week

The Shill Spill said...

That is sooooo cute Diana! It sounds you packed a lot into just a few days! Don't you love holidays with kids? :)

HawgWildinWashington said...

Diana, Thanks for the card and picture of Blake. He is too adorable. Grace was all over that. She thinks he is the cutest boy she has laid eyes on (which is a lot.. she is boy crazy). Anyhow, the pictures on here are very cute also. Glad you are all doing good. Love you all. Tara

Robin said...

Sorry! I meant to tell you but you kept asking for Kim's number and I forgot. Of course as usual Blake looks adorable.

Jessica said...

SO cute! I can't believe how big he is already!