Thursday, June 19, 2008

SWIMMING

Blake LOVES the water, so I decided to take him swimming and see how he liked it. I went with my friend Jackie and her kids for the first time on May 29th. At first I thought he wouldn't like it because the water was a little cold, he likes his bath warm :) but he did really good and liked being in the water. I didn't want him to get sun burned so I put him in a onesie and put a blanket around him.



On Wed June 18 I took him to the public pool with most of the cousins and aunts that live here, aunt Sonya was in town with her kids so that was a treat :) Blake really liked it this time too. The pool is fun because it is like a beach where the water gradually gets deeper so I was able to just sit in the shallow end with Blake and let him hang out in the water.
He got a little cranky towards the end and I just laid him down next to me in the water and he fell fast asleep...it was so funny because the water was not very deep but it would just deep enough to keep him cool and I was sitting next to him blocking the sun from his face and people would walk by and couldn't believe he was asleep :)

4 comments:

Robison Fam. said...

What a guy, I guess he will be like Riley and can fall asleep anywhere! By the way, do you need me to show you how to flip your pictures, it takes about half a second! Then I won't have to tilt my head while viewing your slide show~! miss you guys..well mostly Blake!

Robison Fam. said...

I forgot to comment on the swimming at my pool... love the cleavage! You guys are welcome anytime at our pool!

The Shill Spill said...

That is sooooooooooooooooooo cute that he fell asleep in the water! What a good memory time! :)
I can't believe how big he is getting.
Thanks for sharing the pictures Diana! It's fun to see what you guys are up to. :)

caseyjwatts said...

We must have a water baby family, do you remember when Skyler was a baby, at Grandma Lloyds at the family reunion? He was practically crawling down the slip'n'slide. Way cute... Casey loves the water too. On our journey to Montana we spent a day at Merkleeville Hot Springs and
Casey just loved the water. Skyler too. Skyler is just a little (BIG) fish. Just yesterday we went swimming in Swan Lake. It is really beautiful here in Montana. We miss you sis.