Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Its been a while!

So...its been a while since I last wrote and its because I have been so busy with the holidays and trying to cope living the single life, only seeing Riley at night sometimes if I was still awake when he got home.The holidays are just crazy for Riley, and him being the manager he might only be scheduled to work 9-6 but him being him stayed until everything was done, so that resulted in some long days for him. With me working it kind of helped make the days go by faster but it was hard on the days when he got off a little bit early I would work late or I would have to work early and I would be asleep before he got home.
We had a very nice relaxing Christmas. We had Christmas eve dinner with some of his family and then went home and relaxed, then we slept in on Christmas morning and got up about 10:30 and ate breakfast and then I talked to my parents and we hadn't even opened presents yet :) we opened presents around 11:30 (I'm mad my computer wont let me upload my pictures) and even though we went to Hawaii for our Christmas, Santa still came to our house. Then after we opened presents we went back to bed....your thinking lazy...we are thinking we better take all we can before the baby comes!
We then went to Riley's parents house for Christmas dinner. Its been a real blessing to have them soo close to us this year.
Riley went back to work the day after Christmas and I had the whole week off so I took advantage of it...I was going to hitch a ride to Utah but I decided that it would be a good time to get everything ready for the baby, and to take some time for me!
I went shopping with a friend and got some great after Christmas sales and I decided on colors to paint the babies room so I started with just one wall to see if I liked the colors and then went on to paint the whole room, I did a pastel green with a yellow stripe in the middle. It matches the bedding and is super cute! (again I wish my pictures would work)
We spent New Years at Riley's sisters house, it was a small group of people from the normal huge group we have. It was alot of fun...after we ate and the kids went to sleep the adults played the Wii!!! I have to admit I am addicted to guitar hero! I kept telling Riley we need to get it for us but I think I might spend all my extra time playing it so maybe we should only play it when we go to his sisters :)
It was super fun... I am becoming a light weight when it comes to staying up late, by 11:30 all I wanted to do was crawl into bed and go to sleep but I made it to midnight. We watched the fireworks that were on the strip from his sisters window and when it was over we watched it replay on TV and packed up and went home :) We are real party animals!!!

1 comment:

The Shill Spill said...

Sounds like you had some good holiday fun! I am glad! I Hope to make it to your shower Saturday. :) Have a good oen! See you soon!