Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tyce Mitchell

Tyce has a pretty cool birth story. Once I found out I was pregnant I knew I wanted to have a home birth. There were just too many benefits to it and once we met with the Midwife we were reassured that it was the right choice for us!
My due date Friday Oct 12th came and went just like it had with my other boys. I was ok with it because the big yard sale my sister in laws and I go to was the 13th and when I found out I was due close to then I told myself and the baby he had to wait until after it so I could go and he was just fine with it  :)
Sat came and went and so did most of Sunday
We had a relaxing Sunday went to church enjoyed the afternoon, went for a walk and I decided that after we put the kids to bed we needed to clean the house hoping it would be the last time before the baby came. I cleaned the kitchen and mopped my floor all while feeling a few contractions and some pressure. I sat down to wait for the floor to dry and around 9 pm I got a unexpected phone call from my friend Jessica Hancock who moved to Japan a few months ago. She called to catch up and find out how things are going! While talking I started having some contractions that hurt, the hour that we talked I had 6-7 hurtful contractions.
I got off the phone and told Riley that I thought I might be in labor, I called Kim my midwife at 10:20pm letting her know that I was in labor, she asked some questions and told me to call the people I wanted to be there for support and then try a few things to help with the contractions. I called my friend Abby Leete who I had asked to come and help support by massaging or whatever I needed. I decided to go up stairs and get in the tub to see if that helped. It did for a little bit but not a lot so I got out and walked around and tried to relax on my bed. Riley on the other hand was a bit nervous and kept cleaning and making sure everything was ready. He thought we were in for the long hall and would be up all night.
We made arrangements for our kids to go over to our friends the Bitton's so Riley called them and let them know that I was in labor and we would call them if the kids woke up but we decided that they were sleeping and until they woke up we would let them keep sleeping.
Riley called Kim again and she him to start timing them and to call her back when they were closer. Abby got here around 11:30pm and in the 10 min she was here I had 3 pretty hard contractions.
and Abby told Riley that he needed to make sure Kim was on her way.
I decided to get back in the tub to see if the water would help relieve some of the pain. About 11:45 I started to have some pretty strong contractions. Kim got there at midnight and she monitored the baby for a few min ( I have to admit that once I heard his heart beat I was really relieved. I thought back threw the day and I had only felt him move once or twice and I was a little nervous about that)
But hearing his heart beat I was able to relax a little more and and that's when I started to feel the intense contractions. I could feel him coming down and it started to hurt pretty bad, after being in the tub on my knees leaning over the side for a little bit my legs started to hurt and I wanted to get out but the contractions were so close and intense I wasn't able to move or get out. I was half in the water half out cause I was hot and then cold so I was turning the water on and then draining it so Kim started to fill the tub up again and at that point I thought I was going to die and if he didn't come out soon I for sure thought I was going to! I could feel I needed to push so I pushed a few times and then she told me to look down and grab my baby and that's just what I did :) He was born at 12:25AM weighed 6lbs 6oz and 19 1/2 in long.
I have to admit I was in a bit of shock holding him in my arms and looking at him. I couldn't believe he was finally here and I kept saying 'wow you really are here' Riley a long with everyone one else myself included couldn't believe how fast it all went. I sat back and held him, he cried a little but for the most part he was calm and just hanging out, we left the umbilical attached until most of the blood was out, Riley was able to cut it and he was handed to Riley.
One of the BEST parts of having him at home on top of everything else was getting out of my tub and into my OWN shower and into MY OWN bed!! I was able to get comfortable while everything was cleaned up and I was catered to all while I held my perfect little baby boy! Once I was ready to give him up Kim took  him and weighed and measured him and did all the other new born tests. We were able to choose if we wanted all of the same things done that they do in the hospital, he didn't have to have the eye goop and the shots that they do.

Ok so most of the early pictures are not for public viewing but I wanted one of right after he was born. Sorry but its my blog and I can do what I want :) Riley called our friend Kylie Boyle over to take some more pictures!
This was right after he was born,
it may not look like it but I am happy
 
First picture with daddy
Hanging out in bed with mom
 
Riley got to weigh him


6lbs 6 oz
Chilling getting measured 19 1/2in long


Love baby feet

Kim admiring how tiny he is
 
Tyce and Kim
He was very calm and alert!!


Can't get over how cute he is!!
 
Abby gets a turn to hold him!

dressed and ready to snuggle

Admiring how perfect he is!
 
Proud parents!!


We are so lucky to have our perfect little boy with us.
After everything was checked out with the baby and me around 3am everyone left, and it was so nice to just snuggle in our own bed and go to sleep without anyone there to wake us up. Did I mention Blake and Chase slept threw the whole thing so we had our whole family in our house together!!
 Tyce slept pretty good he woke up twice to eat and then went right back to sleep! 

7 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

What an awesome story! Congratulations!!!

Margaret said...

That is an amazing story! Good for you. He is a cute little guy. Congratulations!

Mike and Brit Harris said...

Oh he is CUTE!!! But I'm not surprised! Congrats you guys!!

Mike and Brit Harris said...

Oh he is CUTE!!! But I'm not surprised!! Congrats you guys!!

The Hardy's said...

WOW! YOU ARE AMAZING! WAY to go lady! I am so proud of you. What a sweet little boy you have. I love his name and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you had a great birthing experience. He is Beautiful! Congratulatons! I can't wait to see him and hold him. Get some rest.

Rachel McEwen said...

Such an amazing story! Very inspiring. I am super proud of you Di.

Amanda Cook said...

I'm jealous that you looked that good right after you gave birth. Way to go mom, he's gorgeous.