Friday, June 22, 2012

Expanding by two feet!!

While taking family pic we took this one to announce we were expecting!!


I loved how it turned out!

In May we went for our 18 week ultrasound and to find out the gender. I love seeing my babies inside of me.. I find it so fascinating, we took the boys so they could be there with us when we found out. Chase always said the baby was a girl and Blake wanted a brother!! Blake got what he wanted we are excited to add another BOY to our family!!

I had another ultrasound in June at 24 weeks and we could see his cute face



For journaling purposes I wanted to add this so I don't forget!
We hoped and prayed to be able to add to our family for some time. I was dianosed with a Thyroid issue in Oct 2011 and was told until my levels were under control it might make it harder to concive, but because my levels weren't too far off I wasn't going to be put on any medication to level them out. I wasn't sure how much longer it was going to take.. We moved into our new house Feb 4th and a few days later I took a pregnancy test and it was FINALLY positive! I couldn't believe it so I took 3 more just to make sure!
I made an apt with my OB just to confirm and start down the journey of pregnancy. After leaving the office, as much as I liked my Dr (the same I had with Blake and Chase) and the PA in the office I wasn't really impressed with the other staff and I wanted a better more intimate quality of care for this one. I went to a class with a Midwife over a year before and it had opened my eyes to the different options with birthing.
I called to make an apt with the midwife that did the class (who was also working at my Dr's office when I was pregnant with Blake so I had seen her a few times) and it turns out she is pregnant and due around the same time so she would be on maternity leave so she referred me to her midwife. So I was a little bummed about it but I called her midwife and made the apt, Riley at this stage when I told him I wanted to look into other options he wasn't so sure about a home birth!
Riley and I met with Kim Trower and from the moment of walking in to her office I felt this is the route I wanted but I didn't say anything. We sat down and just talked to her about past medical history and pregnancies and asked all of our questions we had and as she answered all of our questions and reassured us that I was healthy and a great option for me was a home birth if we decided.
As Riley and I got in the car to go home I asked him what he thought and his reaction was 'If this is what you want to do then I support you 100%' I was shocked I thought it was going to take more then that to convince him.
So far I have loved seeing my midwife and I'm reading books and learning more and more everyday! I am looking forward to having a whole different experience with the birth and what my body was made to do on its own!
Everything has been great with this pregnancy, I have really enjoyed having the boys tell me what they think about the baby and to have them touch and kiss my belly, or show me their tummy and tell me they have a baby in theirs!
May 7th I was17 weeks along and I felt him move for the first time, it wasn't very strong but since he has become a very active little boy and is most active in the mornings and right before I go to bed!

No comments: