Sunday, December 12, 2010

What happened in October!

**This CUTE boy is potty trained!!! YEAHHH


He was ready WAY before his mom was :) He showed signs he was ready in Aug but we were going out of town and I didn't want to have to deal with any accidents!! He has that personality where if its his idea then he is all for it!! So we waited until we were home from traveling and it paid off because he got the hang of it really fast and only had a few accidents! I am not one to ask how I did this because it was all Blake. I am so proud of Blake for being so independent!!

**Conference weekend....
This is the 1st year where Blake can some what understand the concept of conference. We were watching it on Saturday morning more like I was watching and Blake was playing.. the choir was just about to sing and they showed the Salt Lake temple so I told Blake to look at the beautiful Temple (it was only on the tv for a few seconds) and when it went back to the choir he got all sad this is the conversation that took place.
Blake"mom I want to see the temple"
Mom "Sorry but it only showed for a min"
Blake " I want to see again"
mom "do you want to see if we can find pictures of the temple to look at?"
Blake "YEAH"
He was really excited about that. So we looked around the house and I pointed to the St. George picture we have hanging in our living room and he looked at that but soon after he wanted to see more.. So we got a few ensigns and I we sat down and looked for all the pictures of the temples we could find.


It was a good activity while we watch Conference. I couldn't believe how long it kept his attention.


How grateful I am to have the temple apart of my life.. I am thankful for eternal families and the blessing it has made in my life!!




My cute boy checking out the Ensign


**Good Friends!!
The boys love when friends come over to play

Caleb and Chase watching Blake and Lily play


**Oct 15th I completed a Triathlon!!
I know I am crazy but it was pretty fun.
Quick story leading up to it.
A few friends in my ward decided in April or May they were going to do a triathlon in Oct which cost $100, I wasn't going to pay that much to kill myself, so I wasn't planning on do it with them but I wanted to train along side them just to get in shape and loose some baby weight! I didn't do everything they did but I was doing pretty good. In Aug while I was in Oregon a good friend decided he was going to put on his own triathlon 'phast' Iamphast.org, along with a service project and make it a much more reasonable price.
I came home and found out about it and started thinking about doing it. I had been training so why not just see if I could do it. I decided about 6 weeks before just to do it. My friend Amber pushed me pretty well, I couldn't have done it without her!
The cool thing was in between each event we had a transition and we got to do a little service project, put toys in a bag for kids, color on a lunch bag and then we took it over the finish line with us!
Amber and I before it all started

Swam 500 yards..... Biked 12.5 miles

-swimming I am the 2nd one with the blue cap Amber is right in front of me!
-Finishing the bike part (I would have LOVED to stop and been done)




Ran 3.2 miles and finished with a time of 2 hrs 17 min (WAY better then I expected)

Amber and I with our finished smile!!
(Thanks again Amber for inspiring me to do this with you. Thanks to Darin Thomas for all your hard work it putting this together!!)

**Riley and I had a 2 night Staycation down town close to the strip, very relaxing without our kids. Thanks to those who watched them for us!

We finally checked out City Center...


This is the Condo we stayed at... it was SO nice. We had to listen to a time share presentation but we got to stay here for 2 nights plus a 4 day cruise out of it!! TOTALLY worth 2 hours of our time!



Bedroom and Kitchen


Walking in the door... and Riley Checking out the living room
**IT RAINED!!! This doesn't happen a whole lot here so I decided to wake the boys up from their naps and let them play in it!



Blake enjoying the rain with our neighbor

Yes Chase doesn't have pants on but look at his face he doesn't care :)
**Instead of carving our pumpkins this year we painted them... Blake really enjoyed being able to do this on his own!


**Cute Matching boys!






**We went to Henderson's version of a pumpkin patch...


Blake loved this slide!

After many pictures we still couldn't get one where they were both looking!!



The train and petting zoo

** Halloween fun



Blake and Lily, as Mickey and Minnie!




WE had Mickey Mouse and a Giraffe




Our ward Trunk or Treat some friends brought their tarantula and it was a big hit with all the kids, Blake liked looking at it but got scared when they brought it out of the cage!


Chase checking out all the candy.. Blake not knowing what to do about it :)




Showing us his scary teeth!

1 comment:

Jenny B said...

Good job on the potty training. I still can't get Austin interested-UGH!!!!