Sunday, April 25, 2010

Brooks & Dunn : The Last Rodeo

Thanks Allison for the tickets and for being a great blogger I wish I could steal all of your posts and make them my own :) this is the easiest post ever :)
Last Monday night I got a call from my friend Allison wondering if I wanted to go to the Brooks and Dunn concert she had 1 extra ticket, she found this amazing deal on tickets ($40 for $200 tickets) on craigslist. She had a few other tickets so it was me, Allison, Amy, Jennie, and Amber.


























The concert was a tribute to Brooks and Dunn because they are retiring after this last tour. This was kind of the kick off of the tour. All of the big country artists were in the audience, almost like an awards show. Brooks & Dunn sat on a bench on the stage.















The performers would talk about a memory they have with Brooks & Dunn and explain why they choose to sing the song they were about to sing (everyone sang Brooks & Dunn songs as part of the tribute).I'm not kidding when I say EVERYONE in country music was there. We got to see all of the following people perform: Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Jennifer Hudson, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, Tim McGraw, Reba, Brooks & Dunn, Jason Aldean, Darius Rucker, Faith Hill, George Strait, Sugarland, and Brad Paisley! Talk about an AMAZING line-up.




























All of them sounded great but my personal favorites were Lady Antebellum, Jennifer Hudson, and Sugarland. It was so fun to hear so many performers at one time. It was also cool to hear their memories. It made the celebrities feel more like regular people. For the finale everyone came on stage who had performed throughout the night and sang a song with Brooks & Dunn.


















On a side note: the lady who sat in front of us was a little on the crazy side. She got ridiculously excited when Tim McGraw performed. All I could do was laugh and take a picture. Gotta love the crazies!
Thanks girls and Allison for an awesome night! This concert will be televised on May 23rd on CBS.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

BORING!!!

Jaime said...

OMG!!!!! I am soooooo jealous... so you got to see our boys again RF, LUCKY! Man that sounds AMAZING!!!! Glad you got to go :) even though I am wayyyyyy jealous!

:) Jaime