Saturday, January 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year we again left Riley all by himself (ok not by himself, his family is all here) and hitched a ride with my parents to California for Thanksgiving,(we did it last year too)
My step dads family lives just outside of Fresno in the mountains near Yosemite national park. Its so beautiful.. although this year I was a little hesitant to drive the 8+ hours being 7 1/2 months pregnant! I was advised not to go by my doctor, or if I decided to go to get out of the car a move every 1/2 hour or so to avoid blood clots.. so after talking to my parents about how long the trip might take I decided to go because my parents and Jordan needed to spend some good quality time with Blake, plus we haven't seen the California family in a long time!

The drive wasn't as bad as I thought, and we didn't really stop every 1/2 hour just as needed really, which we all did fine. Blake did throw up a few hours after being in the car but we got lucky and I caught most in my hand and the rest got on him so after changing his clothes and cleaning him up we were not left with the smell which was lucky! He did pretty good the rest of the time considering how long he was in the car and not taking good naps.

We had a lot of fun this year (not sure how next year will go having 2 kids) it was a very nice relaxing week for all of us. We missed Riley but we had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed spending so much time with family we don't get to see very often. Here are a few pictures of what we did.

We stopped to stretch at this big farm that you can buy fruit and stuff at, not the best time of year for the food but it was fun to see all the animals. Blake thought it was pretty cool!













Blake and Jordan (He loved having her full attention)











Feeding the Chickens












Blake loves looking at animals, he's not a big fan of touching them or them touching him :)

We stayed at aunt Jenny's house and they feed the deer right out side there back door that are in the area and this huge 6 point buck showed up one morning... it was huge























You can see how close they are, Blake is sitting on the bench that is only feet outside the back door. It was pretty cool to see so close and Blake couldn't get enough!

Blake was the only kid there most of the week, so he got plenty of attention.. It was fun to have my parents who don't get to spend nearly enough time with him, spend a whole week with him!













Grandpa Jim and Blake became best buds!!













My mom, Jordan and Blake















me, Jordan and Blake...isn't my sister cute!












This is Nana and Pops' dog, or should I say bear... This dog is HUGE, she weights probably 130lbs which is more then Jim's mom Nana! Blake wasn't too sure of her she was much bigger then him!












Blake loved playing with cousin Bryan










Jenny, Jim, Robin, Nana and Pops
















Not the best picture of me but its the only one that I have showing my belly!












Dani and I













I thought this was pretty funny :) Blake was running around outside and he came in from the garage holding these cans of bud light :) I took the picture for Riley














Sorry if you don't like blood.. This one is not so funny, Blake got his first bloody nose while we were there. He fell backwards off a chair and hit his nose, he was a trooper once I picked him up he was fine!

No comments: