Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My baby is a BIG BOY!!! :(

Blake slept in his BIG BOY bed for the first time last night.

I have pictures but I can't put them on here cause our computer is still broken!!

We got the twin bed and put it up in his room so Blake could get used to the idea of having a BIg BOYS bed in his room and sleeping in it and not sleeping in his crib. We wanted him to start sleeping in his bed before the baby got here and kicked him out for good :)

I wanted him to get used to the bed so I put him down for his nap in the bed and he did fine. He is able to clib up on it and get down, which I thought might be a problem but when I shut the door he knows I'm not coming back in. I heard him come to the door and cry for a min but he went quiet and when I checked on him he was asleep in the bed! I continued to checked on him a lot and every time I went in he was in a different position but he is a crazy sleeper!

He has taken his naps in it and did just fine so I decided to try to put him in the bed at night to see how he did!
Riley wanted to continue to put him in the crib, he thinks he is too young. I agree but at the same time I would rather have him sleeping in the bed for a good couple of months before the baby comes and takes over all of our lives! I wish he could still be in his crib for the next 6 months but he is doing soo good so why stop the progress! He doesn't have his bottle and he isn't sleeping in the crib any more, He is getting too big too fast but reality is reality and we have to let him grow up :(













6 comments:

The Hardy's said...

He does seem a little young to be in a bed now, but I do agree that it will be much easier getting him used to it now rather than when the baby comes. He'll have his
nose-put-out-of-joint anyway with all that goes on with a new little one.

Way to go Blake! AND DON'T GIVE THAT BOTTLE BACK!!!

David and Emily Wilcock said...

awesome! We did the same thing with Spencer before we had Jaxon and while he seemed so little in that big boy bed, I definately think it helped with the transition!

Robison Fam. said...

Yeah for Blake... I am sad he is getting big also. That means less cuddles for me :(

Amber said...

Merick was 14 months when we put him in his toddler bed. He was throwing himself over the edge of his crib at night and screaming his guts out! After he got used to the toddler bed (it took a few weeks) he was sooo much happier and slept 100% better. Blake will do great - he sounds like he is already on the road to loving his new bed! You are smart to start him on it now! You are a good mommy! Good luck!!!!

HawgWildinWashington said...

What a big boy! Just so you know Grace loves and still talks about her best, cutest cousin Blake. I am so slow, but she has been begging me to print the pix in the camera from our trip so she can make a Blake shrine. She has the exact spots on her wall and dresser where she is going to put his pix. It is so cute. Now it sucks that you live so far away cuz she is going to make a great babysitter! Love you...

Kristi said...

hey! so good to hear from you! What a beautiful family you have! Congrats on the new baby! When are you due? Where are you living?
You look great!