Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Work with Mommy

My old job of event planning called me a few weeks ago and wanted me to help with an event set up. They told me to bring Blake and everything would be fine.

I was a little hesitant about bringing him just cause I had no idea how he would act and playing in the port a crib all day, he has never really been in one unless its for bed! Of course he wanted to get out and play, he probably felt like a caged animal, but for the most part with everyone talking to him and playing with him he did fine! He did have a hard time taking a nap, I tried to put him in another room that was just off the main one and he could still hear everything going on so he cried for a little bit and everyone thought I was a mean mommy for letting him cry! It was either that or him being a complete monster and not let me get anything done!

Anyways it was a fun event to set up and it turned out super cute, here are some pictures. It was a barmitsfa (spelling ?) It was for a girl who wanted a candy factory in pink and brown! Steve the designer is just amazing and I don't know where he comes up with all his awesome ideas and all the detail on everything was just so awesome! I wanted to eat all the big chocolate pieces.. they looked so real!
Enjoy the pictures!













Blake being good :)












The center pieces, you can't really see the details but they are brown with pink sprinkled designs on them!















Another view of the center pieces, I helped do the pink glitter!















The head table, with the thrown at the top, its hard to see but there are big Hersey kisses above the chair















The big Hersey kisses....they looked so real
















The dance floor, there were Hersey kisses, Reese's pieces, cotton candy, and smarties hung over the floor, all over sized and looked real!














The walls, there were cupcakes, hard candy, and big chocolate bars

2 comments:

Amy said...

Those decorations are awesome! I hope the little girl LOVED it! Blake sounds like he did okay :)

Terry and Amber Andrews said...

I never knew you did that! The room turned out awesome. All a little girl could dream of.