So I am watching my friend Jackie's kids for a full week!! They left for Hawaii last Saturday, so Riley and I have really moved in this time :) Her boys are 4 and 2 and they are both potty trained, both still take naps in the afternoon, they are on a really good schedule and are really good kids, so when Jackie and Jeremy decided they couldn't pass up the offer to go I decided I couldn't let them pass it up and sure why not I can handle 3 kids for a week!! You must be thinking what a good friend :)
I'm really blogging about this so I can look back when I have more kids and remember that I survived! :)
Day one- Saturday We all woke up way too early, and it was even worse because Blake decided that he wanted to go from sleeping all night to waking up I don't even know how many times! But Sat went fine we took a walk and played outside and then after naps we played games and watched some TV and made dinner. So far so good :)
Day two- Sunday, again Blake didn't sleep well and morning came too early! The boys did really good at church, we had extra help which was much appreciated!
Day Three- Monday, Luke went to preschool, Jared Blake and myself went for a nice walk and when Luke got home from school his friend came and picked him up for a sleep over. In the afternoon I took Blake to the doctor for his 9 month check
He weighs 19 lbs 10 oz, he is 27 1/2 in tall, and the doctor told me that he will probably not be a tall kid, but normal :) I told the doctor about Blake not sleeping normal and he said that he just might be getting teeth.. he wont be 10 before he gets any :)
That night our friends Amber and Eathen came and brought us some yummy dinner and we headed to Town square to see Santa and see the snow! Unfortunately I didn't pay close enough attention to the details because I read it wrong and so we missed the whole thing, and Santa was too expensive to see :) Jared was just fine though because he got to play at the play ground with Riley and Eathen while Amber and I froze! It was pretty cold but worth getting out! We ended the night with hot chocolate!
Day Four- Tuesday, Blake slept good, not normal good but still good, Jared slept in because of the late night and all the playing he did...so that was really nice for me! We went to play group, it was chilly but Jared still had fun running around and playing with the other kids! Tonight looks like the kids going to the Church for the youth babysitting and me going to work out by my self! CAN'T wait!
So far I'm not ready to give up, that's a good sign! I know I don't want another baby for a while! I have learned a lot from Luke and Jared and I am thankful for them!
I will update on the rest of the week! I haven't really thought of taking pictures this week, I've had way too much to think about!
5 comments:
I was wondering how you were doing! Justin and I were at Town Square for the snow on monday too. We were also at the play ground. How did we not see you? Did you miss the snow?
it is me...rachel...i am just signed in as justin
I was just going to send you a text and ask you how your life with 3 kids is. Looks like you are surviving.
When I saw the kids on Wednesday and saw that they had smiles on their faces I knew you were doing a GREAT job! You are an Awesome friend to do that for Jaclyn and I know she appreciates it a ton. I'm so sorry that I'm not going to be their tomorrow to watch Jared. Nicole said she had talked to you. Did you figure something out? I'm sorry I didn't have your # and wasn't sure how to reach you. Only 2 more days and then you'll be back in your own bed with so much time on your hands you won't know what to do with it.
-Kathryn
Totally GREAT to hear from you diana! I know you live in NV coz Leila has kept me updated on you guys. I was in LV a couple weeks ago just for a day before heading up to Provo. Next time will have to see you and your family. Blake's smile is adorable in that pix. Can't believe you're not a little 'beehive' now. funny. So happy for you. I'll keep intouch.
Post a Comment