Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Disneyland!!!

I will never look at Disneyland the same!!! I'm not sure I will ever try it with kids either :) Sunday after Christmas, my sister in law Lacy planned on taking her exchange student from Australia to Disney Land, they had another person lined up to go but at the last minute she wasn't able to and I got to go in her place!
Something I will NEVER forget!
I have to say this is BY far the best trip I have ever been on...I've been there quite a few times and with some really great people, Riley included! But just having the three of us there for Teigan (who had never been) and taking it at our own pace was AWESOME!!!
Did I mention that I left Blake at home and Lacy left her kids at home? The drive there was a little frustrating because there was traffic, everyone going home from Christmas vacation, it took a couple extra hours but not too bad. We got to our hotel which was right by the park and watched that nights fireworks (which were so close sounded like gun fire!)
The next morning we woke up early and headed to the park, getting off the tram and seeing all the people with young kids and strollers just made us more grateful that we were without ours :) Teigan has a slight disability which we used to our advantage and got a fast pass for every ride! I don't think I can ever go back with out her because the longest we waited for any ride both days was 45 min! We walked on most of the rides and got to ride everything we wanted and most of them twice or more!!
The first day we rode all the rides at Disneyland we wanted to and then headed over to California Adventures and hit all the good rides, watched the parade at night. The next day we also woke up early, we were a little slower because we had already done everything we wanted to so we just did the rides that we wanted to do again and a few of the kid rides just so Teigan could experience them :) We stood in line for about a hour to see Tinker Bell but it was worth it, we also got to see Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore, Minny mouse and Goofy! We watched most of the shows there was this really cool one where you talked to the turtle from Nemo
Our favorite rides were, Indiana Jones, Nemo, The new Toy Story ride at California Adventure (Its 3-d) Tower of Terror (which we rode over and over :) Screamin roller coaster (Teigan and I rode 3 times in a row and the 3rd time was too much :)

Thanks again ladies for letting me come! I had a lot of fun and would do it again ANYTIME :)











Teigan and I right in side the gate!











Me, Teigan and Lacy














In front of the castle

There are a lot of pictures so I decided to make a Slide show enjoy!


3 comments:

Brenda said...

So, you just had to put that in about riding the Tower of Terror over and over...that was the one I didn't get to go on and boy was I mad!!! I am so glad you had a good time...we need to do something like that sometime (just girls, no kids, no men!!) Love you

The Hardy's said...

It sounds like you had a blast! We were there Dec. 21-24th with Rex's whole family. It was so much fun being there at Christmas time. Unfortunately, we didn't get to go on many of the adult rides because we had our kids, but they were fun too. Just wait. When Blake is old enough it will be sooo fun to watch him ooohhh and aaahhh over everything. The one ride we didn't go on that everyone raves about is the new Toy Story. I'm bugged that I didn't realize what it was or I would have made sure we did it.

Glad you had fun!

The Hardy's said...

I changed our blog address. I noticed on your blog friends list it is still our old blog. New one is www.hardyhabitat.blogspot.com