Friday, January 11, 2008

Utah Baby shower

I have to apologize now, I don't have pictures from my shower in Utah because Riley and I are both geniuses and forgot to bring our charger. My step dad took some but I haven't seen them yet so there might be some to come.
So my shower was on Jan 5th, Riley and I went up on the 2nd. It was nice to have a few extra days up there, Riley needed a brake from working like crazy during x-mas.
Thursday we went with my mom and Brenda shopping to get all the food and things they needed for the shower and then we went out to lunch with Jill and Skyler and we got to see little Casey...who is sooo dang cute! (I did get pictures of him before the battery died) I will post some of those later. Friday we saw Noah and Olivia which was super fun because its been forever since we've seen them!
Sat the day of the shower it was supposed to snow 5-10" from 10-noon, the shower was from 11-2 and so when it started to snow, it was really coming down. We all sat in the living room and watched people try to get up the hill that my parents live on, get about half way up and have to turn around because they got stuck! Riley went out and shoveled the snow with my brother and no more then 10 minutes after they got done it needed it again. It was crazy!!
We weren't sure if people were going to come or not because of all the snow. I probably would have stayed home if I would have known it was going to be that bad :) As the snow started to ease up, the people started to show up. Poor Riley got snowed in and had to be there the whole time. I think he really liked being there though, it was more of an open house then a traditional baby shower, and he knew a lot of people that were there so he fit right in :) It was fun for me to have him there also :)
I'm really happy that my sister and I decided to have a double shower, it gave me the opportunity to spend a lot of time with her that I might not have had otherwise..plus her baby is super cute and I got to see lots of him too!!
It was a lot of fun and I got to see and visit with people that I haven't seen in a long time. Some of the people who were on their way and turned back because of the snow I still got to see while we were there.. it was a super fun weekend.
I am soo happy that the next time we take the 5 hour drive up there I wont be pregnant...there is just no position that is comfortable to be in that long!! :)

No comments: