Thursday, November 8, 2007

Trip Continued

I'm going to try to get through the rest of our trip...This is taken at the restaurant that we got sang too for our anniversary.

Friday morning we got up and we were in Kona, we were going to go snorkeling. Normally when the shipped docked we were able to just walk off the boat onto the island but in Kona near the piers the water is to shallow so the ship had to anchor and we had get on a small boat and brought to the pier. We then got on a two deck boat that was called the "Body Glove" It was lots of fun. I was very nice for me...all the crew that worked on the boat were HOTT!!! They all had there shirts off and I must say they weren't bad eye candy :) There was one girl, she was pretty cute too for Riley :) Anyways once we got to the spot we were going to snorkel they stopped the boat and we went snorkeling!! It was super fun, we took some pictures with our underwater camera but they didn't turn out as good as we hoped :( It was nice to just be out in the water and seeing all the things that live in the water. We saw some pretty cool fish! There was this cute little girl that we met on the boat, she was about 2 her name was Sally. There was a high dive and slid off the boat and Riley had this genius idea to on the slid and when he hit the water he did a reverse belly flop on his back..Poor guy! The captain of the boat saw him do it and was laughing at him :) I was a little sad because they said that we could possibly see Dolphins and we hadn't seen them so I didn't know if we would and all of a sudden they announce over the speakers that there are dolphins on the side of the boat and it was soooo cool to see them . At first they were far away but then they came super close to the boat! It was awesome! When we got back to the pier I wanted to take a picture with the hott crew guys so we waited until most of the people were off the boat and I asked them for a picture so I could show all my girl friends (they had their shirts on though :( they asked to look at my left finger just to make sure I wasn't married...(I wasn't wearing my ring because I didn't' want to loose it) but I told them that my husband was taking the picture....Riley's comment was "She is pregnant so you guys can have her, and raise my baby :) " He was joking but he was sure quick to give me away :)


We got off the boat and didn't need to get back on the ship for a couple of hours so we decided to walk around the little city area near by just to check it out. We bought most of our souvenirs while we were there. It was fun just to hang out and see the city. While we were there my sister Brenda called me, and ever since I got pregnant I have told her that she needed to have one more...it would be so much fun to be pregnant together and her kids are old enough that they will remember all the cute little fun things that the baby does. So she calls me and asks how everything is going and how we liked snorkeling and all that we've done, then she says I don't know how I'm going to tell you this...and I said YOUR PREGNANT HA...and she said YES!!! I was so happy I couldn't believe what I heard!!! We talked about how fun its going to be to have kids so close in age. Also my sister Jill is pregnant and is due in Dec, I'm due in Feb and Brenda is due in June, so we will have 3 super close in age.

We got back on the ship and showered and got ready and went and ate dinner. After we went to a dance show that was on the ship, but we took Dramamine because the water was pretty rough and so we were both super tired and had a hard time staying awake for the show, and at the end we went back to our room and crashed.

Saturday we woke up and we were in Kauai, it was sooo beautiful, very green!! We went on the Wailua River and Fern Grotto tour, it was nice and relaxing. We stopped at a place called Opaekaa Falls, it was very beautiful, the picture of us isn't very good but you can see the water fall behind us. Then we went to the place where we got on a little ferry type boat on the Wailua River, both sides of this river were just full of greenery, very beautiful!! The guy told us how movies are filmed...of course I can't remember any of the ones he said but it was still cool. We got off the boat and had to walk a little ways to the see the Fern Grotto, once we got there it was very pretty, they had people there singing songs and its a popular place for people to get married so they sang the traditional wedding song and we were married again in Hawaii!!



On the boat back, there was some entertainment, there was a girl hula dancing and people singing. The little girl that was on the snorkeling boat with us was on this same boat and she was soo cute, she took off her shoes and went up next to the girl that was dancing and tried to do everything she did, it was so much fun to watch. Then they taught us how to hula, it was a lot of fun! We got back on the bus and we had a little time before we had to be back to the bus driver took us to this rocky beach, it was so pretty, the waves were big and crashing into the rocks. There was this long pier of rocks that the waves were crashing onto super hard, it was really neat to see the water hit the rocks and splash up over it. It was really windy so all of our pictures I have the wind blown hair!!

We went back to the ship but before we decided to go explore the little city near by since we had some time, we went to all the little shops and the beach was right there behind the shops...so we staked out what we were going to do the next day because it was really close to the ship. They even had a mall so we went and looked around there. Then we decided to go back to the ship but then we saw a free shuttle to walmart, and we needed to buy something to take all the stuff we bought back in so we went there and bought some luggage to bring home. It was like we were back home shopping in the same walmart, everything was the same except the season of clothing they had out and that's about it!! :) We went back to the ship and got ready for the luau that night.

We got bussed to the place where the luau was and when we got off the bus it was like you see in the movies how the girls put lays on you, I got a flower one and Riley got one made out of shells. There was a few little shops we could walk around in and look at and then we had to go find out seats to eat and watch the show. We got one of the farthest seats from the stage but when it came to eating we were first in line so it worked out for the best :) They had a ceremony that unveiled the pig that was cooked in the ground all day which was pretty cool. We had assigned seating and we got sat with some pretty interesting people. There was a group of 3, a wife, husband and the wife's sister. the sister sat next to Riley and we were sitting there making small talk and all of a sudden she says that her sister dragged her on this trip because a year ago that week her husband had passed away. it was really sad but we didn't know how to respond to that, we felt bad, but we played it cool and tried to move on. The sister and her husband were concerned with how many drinks they could get because it was an open bar. So needless to say they were kinda interesting. There was a couple to the other side of us that were pretty cool, they were honeymooning. Like I said before we got to eat first, I was the first one to touch the food...yummm. The food was soo good, but I got full really fast so I didn't eat that much. The show started after dinner and it was really good, it was super dark and they were moving alot so it was hard to get pictures. We got a few but most of them are blurry. There was one part where they had this guy throwing fire, it was soooo awesome.. he was moving so fast it was crazy! When it was over we went back to the ship, it was pretty late so we went back to our room relaxed and went to bed....The nights that the ship didn't move was the nights that we slept the best. So we got a good nights sleep that night.

The next morning we decided to sleep in a little bit because we didn't have anything planned, it was really nice. When we did get up we decided that we would go hang out at the beach for a little bit and just have a relaxing day, so that's what we did. The beach was fun, the weather was so nice, it was a little cloudy but it was still super warm. We were going to go snorkeling again but the water was a little rough for us so we just played in the waves. It was fun because the waves were big enough to swim with, I think my favorite part was listening to Riley laugh :) He was like a little kid in a candy store...he was having so much fun!


We had to be back on the ship by 1:00 pm so since we were already in our swimming suits we went to the pool and layed out and got some rays :) It was nice and hot, but it was windy too so there was a cool breeze. We hung out on the deck and in the pool all afternoon and then we made reservations to a restaurant to eat so we went and got dressed but before that we were going to be sailing by this mountain, of course I can't remember the name of it that is one of the most photographed places in the state. There were movies filmed on it and the only one I can remember is Jurassic park. But it was so beautiful. We were sitting there and this guy says hey look there are some dolphins. We were on the top deck of the ship and we could see the dolphins it was so neat. The ship turned around so we could see the island again, we sat on some chairs just taking in the beauty of the world we live in!! Wow it was so awesome!!

We went and ate dinner, it was so nice to be treated like we were important... the servers were all proper. it was fun to pretend :) On the boat most nights and when we got off the boat everyday there was someone taking pictures, and we figured out that they print them and we can pay for more or just take the ones that were already printed and keep them so we went to the photo places on the nights they had them and had a professional tell us how to pose. Its something that we probably wouldn't do because we did a lot of them but it was just fun to do something that we wouldn't normally do :) We got a lot of good pictures of us though!!

We went back to our room and packed so we could sleep in next morning before we got off the ship. The water was pretty rough so I wasn't feeling good, that was the only night I got sick. I was glad that it was the last night of the trip!!

We woke up the next morning, and we got ready to leave, we got a quick bite to eat and then we headed for the air port. We checked our bags and went through security and then we just got to relax. we were both so tired we hardly said anything all day. We we so fine just sitting and enjoying doing nothing!! We got on the plane and we were sitting in the middle section where there are 3 seats so Riley sat on the end and I sat in the middle and I got the privilege of sitting next to a lady from Hawaii, she was on her way to Vegas to get married and I got to hear her whole life story!! She was an older lady and she was drinking so she was pretty interesting!! She was pretty excited when I mentioned I was pregnant, she was giving me advice about the baby and she ended up giving me her business card and $20 for me to get the baby something from her for my baby shower. As drunk and out of it as she was she only managed to get water spilled on me. Wow it sure was a fun trip home!!

I hope you enjoyed my version of our vacation, it sure was super fun and something we will always remember.

1 comment:

The Shill Spill said...

Holy Cow! What an AWESOME trip you had! I soooooo bad want to go to Hawaii....or just travel somewhere. (Does it sound like I need a vacation? Well, I do!) :) Is it good to be home? Do you miss being away and having the time of your life? Wow! Thanks for the update! I am glad I got to see some of your pictures and hear about what you did. (So jealous!) Hope you are happy and healthy. Have a great day! Take care!
Tiff