Monday, August 9, 2010

Opposites really do attract

The Saying Opposites attract couldn't be more true when looking at my boys :) Blake has dark hair, eyes and skin and Chase has light hair, Bright blue eyes, and is pretty fair! Putting them side by side you almost don't know they are brothers. People who only know Riley and I ask the question of where Chase comes from but knowing our family you can see he isn't too far off from them! My family is split pretty even with eye color and even skin tone, and Riley has quite a few siblings with blue eyes. Chase looks a lot like his cousin Jeremy.

What my boys are doing these days?




Blake- age 2 1/2
*He is so Mr. Independent these days, he has an opinion about EVERYTHING from what he wears to what he eat to the small details of who puts him to bed at night! I love how much he is doing on his own, even when it would be so much faster if he would let me help him!
*He is talking so much more these days and picking up new words every day, my favorites are 'almost, his colors (he knows a lot of them but still everything is Blue), when he refers to himself as Blakey, and asks to go swimming first thing in the morning or after naps.
*He is very smart and really likes to read books, do puzzles and of course play with his 500 balls all at the same time!
*He is also been potty training himself...I'm waiting until we get back from Oregon so we can have some consistency, but I guess I might be too late. He will go into the bathroom all by himself take his diaper off and climb up onto the toilet and do his business... all with the door closed and if someone tries to help he is pushing them out of the room.
*He is very sweet with Chase and wants to know where he is at all times... when Blake wakes up from his nap and I'm not holding Chase he wants know where he is immediately, Blake is always making Chase laugh and tries to make him happy when he is crying! Such a good big brother.
*He has started to say prayers all by himself, I was making him lunch one day and he went to sit at his table, I went to give him his food and saw him with his arms folded and head down whispering a prayer to himself...it was one of the sweetest moments.



Chase- 7 months
*Is such a happy baby, he only complains when he is overly tired, hungry or needs to be changed
*Loves his brother and will laugh at almost anything he does
*Sits up on his own.
*sleeps anywhere and everywhere
*Gets mad when you take paper away from him
*Doesn't like most baby food and gags on anything somewhat solid (you wouldn't know this by looking at him :)
*He is super heavy, but I love all his fat rolls, especially the one on his knees
*He is too fat to get his belly off the floor... I know he will do it when he is ready but a few other babies his age are already moving around :)
*He loves the water
*Doesn't like sudden loud noises or people, he is very sensitive that way :) He used to cry when someone would sneeze.
*He is a TV watcher already... I know this is bad but he watches it better then Blake most of the time... he loves Mickey Mouse just like Blake.

I love both my boys and wouldn't trade them for the world... they are so much fun and playing together more and more everyday. They for sure keep my on my toes but I love that too.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

What cute nephews of mine!! I can't believe how big they are getting...love you and miss you guys...hugs and kisses

Candice said...

They are so cute!!!

Andrea said...

good looking boys

Haute Deb Designs said...

They are too cute!! I can't believe how opposite (in looks) they are!