Friday, February 26, 2010

2 reasons why I don't bake!

I decided I would be a good mom and make Blake a super cute cake for his birthday.

ONLY to find out 2 reasons why I don't bake very often

1st reason:
I tried to make sugar cookies.. ended up with a 2 year old and my kitchen covered in flour and the cookies didn't turn out!!










2nd reason:
I tried to make Blake's cake and forgot to grease the pan..yeah it didn't come out in one piece!












I guess I do need constant supervision when cooking :) Maybe the second try on both of these will work... cross your fingers for me!! LOL

The second time around went much better I guess supervision was the key :)











We asked Lillie, Addie and Amber to come over and help with the cookies, the kids had lots of fun making a mess but the cookies turned out :)












Then after some much needed advice I tried to do the cake again and SUCCESS!!! I made everything from scratch! Thank you thank you... I think it turned out pretty cute myself and it tasted good too!

3 comments:

Alli Waldron said...

I love stories like this! Our first married Valentine's I wanted to make filet mignon for Chad with some other fancy food. I asked my dad for very specific grilling instructions. Well when I went to go cook my dad didn't tell me i had to let the grill burn any remaining fat off the grill. After following his instructions, when I went to check on the filet mignon I found two pieces of meat that looked exactly like charcoal!

Needless to say I fell your pain!

Rachel McEwen said...

the cake was very good and the cake and cookies both turned out super cute.

If you fail, try, try again:)

The Hardy's said...

i'm with you on the baking part of motherhood. My cakes seem to fall apart quite often when I try to turn them out of a pan. BUT the helmet cake is very cute.