Today Blake took his first steps, and of course I don't have any pictures because I was too excited just to see him stand there and then move on his own!
So here is how it happened,I was getting up to answer the phone and he was standing and I thought leaning against my leg and so when I got up I tried to do it slow so he wouldn't fall down, but just as I moved he stood there for a few seconds and took one step to the side and one to the front.
I know it won't be long until he walks and one part of me is really excited because he won't ware out the knees in his jeans any more and his poor little knees won't be all red from him crawling all day! BUT the other part of me knows that as soon as he figures it all out he won't be just walking he will be RUNNING!!!! Either way I am really excited that he is learning and growing and he is just so darn cute!
He is also starting today sitting in a front facing car seat! I took him to the mall to see Riley and he just sat there and was looking at everything! I think we will have lots of fun in the car from now on! :)
Also while I am on the subject of his firsts, he is getting such a cute personality! He is such a flirt and if he does something and sees a reaction then you better believe he is going to do it again! He loves to be center of attention, I am not sure where he got it from but it sure if funny when he is making us all laugh! His new thing is showing off his muscles, our friend Amber taught him it and showed me about a week ago, I keep trying to get him to do it but for some reason he will only do it for Amber, Riley has yet to see the full thing! Hopefully I can get it on video because it is really cute the way he lifts his arms and the face he makes!
I am behind in posting pictures so I will try to get some on here soon!
5 comments:
First of all I am jealous that he is in a front facing car seat- Addison is 15 months in a week and is still only 18 1/2 pounds so we still have to wait until she gets to use her front facing carseat. :)
Second- that is AWESOME Blake took his first steps! Honestly I LOVE it that Addison is walking now. Her clothes stay clean ha ha. So many people say they liked it better when their kids were crawling but honestly I like it more now that she is walking but that's just me.
Way to go Blake! It won't be long before he's CRUISIN'.
yay Blake!! He really is getting so close!! he is going to be so cute!! I still think he looks too little to walk!
Hooray for Blake!!! First steps are always exciting. Two of my three didn't walk until 16 months. Post a video or pictures!
Wow! Growing up so fast! How exciting!
Post a Comment