Saturday, December 1, 2007

The past couple weeks.

I know its been a while since I've updated. I can't believe its December already...This year has just flown by so fast! I can't believe that our little guy is going to be here soon... it feels like just the other day we found out we were pregnant, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself just yet!
We had a really good Thanksgiving, my brother Joe came into town the Tuesday before and hung out for the week. It was really good to be able to hang out with him, he house hopped between mine and Kelli's. The night before Thanksgiving we met up with Becky, Garth, Tori, Natasha, Dominique and little Holden. They met each other the middle and it just so happened Vegas is the middle, so we went out to dinner with them and hung out at Excalibur for a few hours. They are like family so it was nice to be able to see them during the holiday season.

For Thanksgiving we went to Riley's sisters house Lacy, most everyone who lives here was there. It was his parents first Thanksgiving since they moved here so it was fun to spend it with them here. My brother made a Turducken (I'm not sure if that's how it is spelled but it was a boneless Turkey with duck and Chicken stuffed inside) It was the first for everyone...it took a little longer then expected to cook but we ate about 3 and then by the time it was done we were all ready for round two so it worked out good.
I was put in charge of the mashed potato's and I learned how to make them (believe it or not I have never made them before!) It was pretty easy and I think I can do it again all by myself next time. I made Riley take a picture because I was so proud of myself. I am picking up pointers every chance I can get :)

My parents drove back through on their way home and picked up my brother so we got to see them again, it has been so nice to see them so often these past few months! I am greatful for all of them!

So I am about 7 months pregnant now...I'm telling you its gone by soooo fast!! I am enjoying being able to feel him move around and kick. Its such an amazing feeling to feel something happened in your body and you have no control what so ever. This is the part that I looked forward to experiencing! Unfortunately for me I have developed Gallstones...YEAH lots of fun! I was hurting for about a week on my right side just under my ribs and I thought maybe it was the babies foot or something, but I told my sister about it and she said that it could be my gallbladder and to have it checked. So I called my Dr and I went in for an ultrasound to find out what it was. Sure enough I have 2 stones in there, and there is nothing that they can do about it until I have the baby! The baby is fine and its not going to affect him at all but it is painful when I eat or when I think about eating, but its nothing that I can't handle, it will be worth it in the end...RIGHT??? I took some pictures of my belly and thought I would share!! Got to love the naked belly shots :)

1 comment:

The Shill Spill said...

Wow! What a great entry! :) Soooo excited to see you getting bigger and happier, at that! Wooo-hooo! You look great, by the way! Hope you feel as good as you look! Have you had any showers? If not, are you going to have any? Please let me know. Thanks! Looks like your holiday season has been a joyous one! I hope it continutes to be! Call me if you come into town any time soon. Take care!